signs of fall everywhere (and now winter since it has snowed this weekend). we’ve been cozying up with sweet treats and the company of friends. and now the restaurant is on its last leg of inspections so we’re busy with server training and getting to know the wines (the fermenting grapes were over at the infinite monkey theorem). it’s getting close and we are anxious to be able to serve the people of denver really great food in a really unique environment.
- checked out my new blog design yet? i’m in love. but i’d still love to hear your feedback! consider clicking through TO THIS POST and leaving a comment. you’ll be entered to win a $30 gift certificate to ollie’s vintage, my vintage shop.
- mckenzie opened up her oliver and abrahams etsy shop. her illustrations and photographs will take you somewhere magical. she’s offering 10% off now through the end of november so please visit her blog, take a look around, and say hello. heads up: the big storm is heading her way so in the event her farm (and thus electricity) gets hit, orders may go out a little later than usual.
- have a facebook page for your blog or shop? pj writes a really informative post on how to get your blog or shop more fair play in the facebook timeline, since facebook has changed their policies and now require a pay-to-promote.
- that being said, make sure you’re following ollie’s vintage on facebook to be updated on new items and sales.
- had enough of the lumineers? too bad. here’s ho hey performed by ps22.
- on thanksgiving and tradition and thankfulness, by michael chabon.
- parents: please please please read this article about how tricky people are the new strangers. it is certainly eye-opening to ways we can continue doing our best in protecting our children.
this week (the past ten days. actually), at least one of the three of the powerdriver clan has been sick. not much has gotten done around here. pretty much i’ve been in front of hulu or netflix — or yo gabba gabba if ramona is around. we’re on the mend but have all of us have been pretty pathetic.
the above photo is my remix rendition of inspiration found via pinterest. finally putting that beloved time-waster to use.
and elsewhere on the interwebs:
- printcopia is offering their canvas prints at 50% off. visit this blog post for the coupon code.
- how to tell if you’re at a hipster wedding.
- Give Me Light – beautiful, inspiring photographs from a fellow colorado blogger.
- ways to get your toddler to help around the house.
- a very accurate poem about becoming a mother.
- need a reason not to veg out in front of the boob tube each evening? here’s a great list of games for two.
- just read the fascinating (also disturbing) book about mormon fundamentalism called under the banner of heaven, by jon krakauer. now i’m on to mindy kaling’s book, is everyone hanging out without me? with dearie (by bob spitz) on deck. not sure where the non-fiction kick started but it’s in full force. what are you reading?
- time’s running out to register to vote. no excuses not to. take five minutes to get registered to vote for the upcoming elections. this site is sponsored by the obama campaign but, whether or not you’re voting for him, it’s a great resource for getting the job done.
i love instagram, you guys, a lot. so when printcopia offered me an 8×10 canvas print to review, i was so excited to discover that their website allows you to upload photos from your own instagram account. the process is painless and streamlined and extremely intuitive. i chose this photo of jp and ramona looking like twins, and eagerly awaited my canvas print’s arrival.
the delivery was speedy and the image appeared exactly the way it did on the screen (i HATE it when you preview images, only to print them out and they are blurry and awful and misaligned. i’m sure it’s user error but i still grumble at whatever program or printer did it). the only thing i wish i had done differently was to have the image wrap around the edges. however, printcopia offers you that option OR whatever freaking color you want (seriously, a color wheel pops up. the one that gives me anxiety bc there are so many hues and shades and choices).
you can see the final product here, in my frame cluster.
i love it. look at those two peas in a pod.
now through the end of october, printcopia is offering canvas-print-loving blog readers 50% off their orders, plus standard shipping! how great is that? just enter the coupon code: BLOGLOVE2012.
printcopia offered me an 8×10 canvas print in exchange for a review of their product. while they did not ask me to write anything but my honest opinion, they did ask that i link back to them with “canvas prints.” because i found their product favorable i had no qualms of introducing you all to them. i will always be completely honest and transparent in any sponsorships and exchanges i participate in. thanks for being amazing readers.
here are two weeks’ worth of links i’ve stored up for you! again, i’m sometimes a little slow to viral news and internet sensations, so i hope some of this is new to you!
- jp and i are making our way through Friday Night Lights on netflix. pretty much we’re obsessed.
- this video is so worth watching. inspiring and hopeful: caine’s arcade and the imagination foundation.
- still so proud of the lumineers. here’s an interview with my friend, neyla, who basically had no idea what she was getting into.
- which one of my friend (blogger or IRL) wants to do a box exchange like this one with me?
- jodi writes such a beautiful post about being grounded.
- a local denverite took her four-year-old to a chicken slaughter, and i really admire what she had to say about it.
- my friends’ wedding was featured on on style me pretty. click through the gallery to see the one of jp and i cutting a rug!
most of this may very well be old news to some of you. i, however, was out-of-the-loop and off the internet for nearly a week straight. i spent sunday morning during ramona’s nap going through what i’d missed on reader, pinterest, facebook, and other-ways-to-waste-your-time platforms. here’s a list of links to go with your monday morning coffee (i’m copying your style, alli!):
- the sakura bloom sling diaries are over. boy, was that sure fun!
- miles, papa, and me ended my hunt for reusable pureed food pouches. thanks, cora!
- let’s, please, stop raising our daughters to be nice girls. via lorissa.
- a letter to the mom who can’t stop following her child around the playground. this is how i feel sometimes now that ramona is getting old enough to play on her own or with max at the park. via my mother.
- color photos in the era of black & white.
- fascinating piece on obama’s way by michael lewis published in vanity fair.
- crema coffee house has a new website.
- another sneak peek of the populist via 5280 magazine
- also, for your daily dose of cuteness, this weekend we got ducks!: