phew. it’s done. it’s open. and it was busy and so so good.
there’s wrinkles to iron out, for sure. but to see people eating and drinking and enjoying themselves in the space! oh man. it was a labor of love to get to this point and it feels really really wonderful. i cannot even imagine how JP and his partners feel, as they put in a lot more blood, sweat, tears, and time than i did!
i’m still recovering from the crazy schedule i had this week (office work for the populist in the morning, being a mama to ramona and a caregiver to max in the afternoon, and then jetting back to the space to function as manager/host/presence in the evenings). today the powerdriver family had a lazy brunch at the universal then went home and cleaned our homestead inside and out. finally, we were able to kick back and relax with some chipotle, bota box, board books, and play time with our little girl who hasn’t gotten as much of our attention as she deserves this past week. this is exactly what we all needed.
i’ll be back in full force next week here on the blog. until then, enjoy some more great guest posts.
and congratulations to cora who was randomly selected as the winner of my blog redesign giveaway! i can’t wait to see what you pick out (and i’ll also be updating my shop soon now that i have more time.)
ramona and violet and lacey. my lovely ladies.
psst, our new restaurant, the populist, opens this wednesday, november 14th. bc of the madness that’s our life right now i’ve asked some of my favorite bloggers to pick up my slack and do some guests posts. you’ll see them starting soon!
signs of fall everywhere (and now winter since it has snowed this weekend). we’ve been cozying up with sweet treats and the company of friends. and now the restaurant is on its last leg of inspections so we’re busy with server training and getting to know the wines (the fermenting grapes were over at the infinite monkey theorem). it’s getting close and we are anxious to be able to serve the people of denver really great food in a really unique environment.
- checked out my new blog design yet? i’m in love. but i’d still love to hear your feedback! consider clicking through TO THIS POST and leaving a comment. you’ll be entered to win a $30 gift certificate to ollie’s vintage, my vintage shop.
- mckenzie opened up her oliver and abrahams etsy shop. her illustrations and photographs will take you somewhere magical. she’s offering 10% off now through the end of november so please visit her blog, take a look around, and say hello. heads up: the big storm is heading her way so in the event her farm (and thus electricity) gets hit, orders may go out a little later than usual.
- have a facebook page for your blog or shop? pj writes a really informative post on how to get your blog or shop more fair play in the facebook timeline, since facebook has changed their policies and now require a pay-to-promote.
- that being said, make sure you’re following ollie’s vintage on facebook to be updated on new items and sales.
- had enough of the lumineers? too bad. here’s ho hey performed by ps22.
- on thanksgiving and tradition and thankfulness, by michael chabon.
- parents: please please please read this article about how tricky people are the new strangers. it is certainly eye-opening to ways we can continue doing our best in protecting our children.