TOILETRY TUESDAY: MY TRIED AND TRUE SHOWER FAVORITES
On January 29, 2013 · 6 Comments · In health & beauty
- weleda birch body scrub — a nice little treat when my skin is feeling tired.
- dr bronner’s tea tree pure castille soap — a versatile soap that is gentle enough that we’ve been using it on ramona since she was a newborn. i also use it in household cleaning projects. it smells divine.
- shea moisture african black soap — my face isn’t acne prone but this soap still does wonders and actually makes my face softer and more moisturized.
- dermalogica daily microfoliant — definitely gentle enough to use every day. this scrubs away dry skin, impurities, and leaves my face glowing.
- aveda damage remedy shampoo and conditioner — i am only happy with this pair. i have fine, color-treated hair and it’s never been healthier or fuller.
- vintage safety razor with proraso — yes, i’m sorta crazy in my stubbornness not to buy a fancy woman razor. i splurge on all the other above items but just can’t seem to justify the price of disposable razors!
do tell: what are your must-haves in the shower?
i’ll follow up next week with my outta-the-shower-moisturizing-getting-ready-for-the-day routine!
Tagged with: beauty • daily skin care • routine • toiletries • toiletry tuesday
Welp, here I go thinking about naked Emily again.
Did you officially vote out the Dr. Bronner’s rose? I haven’t used it in a while (switched to Everyday Shea [Vanilla Mint]) for the winter, but I miss the rose sometimes!
oh i still love that rose! but it’s not jp’s favorite and i’ve only seen it in whole foods’ that i don’t live near.
I miss your shower. That’s not weird.
Toiletry Tuesday?!?!?! I love it!
Funny comments, too. Thanks for posting these. I’m a shower products whore. And a lipstick/chapstick/lipgloss whore. I love lady things that smell lovely.
– Organix Moroccan Oil Shampoo/Conditioner. Mmmmm. Soft hair!
– St Ives Apricot scrub It’s $4, but it totally works as a daily face exfoliant
– Trader Joes lavender sea salt body scrub (when is it opening in CO???)
– Bliss Lemon Sage soapy sap cleanser mmmmmm deeelicious
fun post! I am also a lover of yummy products 😉
I also love Aveda, Dr Bronner & Weleda (shampoo & cond for colored hair, the baby/unscented one and creamy rose body wash, respectively)…some other favorites include Smith’s Rosebud Salve, love & toast body scrub and herbacin kamille hand cream.
[…] the shower routine and before the hair and make-up routine, it’s the base layer routine. ya gotta prep that […]