this weekend we’re having a pizza and game party with a small gathering of some of our dear friends. we’ve nailed down the pizza toppings and beverages (food and libations are always the easy part for JP and me) but what we’re not decided on are games for the group of ten. we’ve got catchphrase and taboo as options but we’re open to other suggestions. readers, what games for large groups do you enjoy?
while you’re thinking of that, here are some interesting links from this past week:
- i had a lot of fun making DIY heart garlands to decorate our windows for valentine’s day.
- this video, denver by hand, features amazing work from some great craftsman in our community.
- a must read NYT article about marriage: that loving feeling takes a lot of work.
- amanda from the petrichor posted cute polka dot desktop downloads.
- an iPhone contract from your mom? seems to me more parents should be following her lead.
- eery behind-the-walls at chicago’s fulton market. via glotalot.
- check out these lullabies for a cause by danielle decosmo. proceeds go to an Arts in Medicine program in florida. brought to my attention by this denver blogger.
jp and i are trying to watch less tv and do more activities that allow us to chat and flex our brains. he recently taught me chess and i beat his butt the first time around. a new monday night (our weekend) tradition.
- i cannot stop listening to this hauntingly beautiful song: chris garneau, baby’s romance
- summer of 2005 i found myself in paris at the same time as the end of the tour de france. i was there on the Champs-Élysées when armstrong crossed the finish line and made history and i was elated. i am so saddened now that a sport i love, cycling, has such a disgraceful culture. the point of lance armstrong.
- still haven’t gotten organized for the new year? make your own mini calendar notebooks to carry around with you in your purse
- valentine’s day (my favorite holiday!) is coming up. here are free downloadable printable hearts for valentine’s activities
- ballots are out for westword’s best of denver 2013. fill it out and don’t forget to vote for your favorite locally owned small businesses.