- if you’re only going to read one article from this week’s list of links, read this one: suffering fools gladly.
- i always got in trouble in school for not acting demure enough or polite enough but still i’m glad my parents’ end game wasn’t to make sure i was perfectly obedient. is raising obedient children the best thing?
- we’ve all heard the incredibly moving fresh air interview with maurice sendak. now you can see it: illustrated excerpts from the new york times magazine.
- breastfed babies more temperamental? i’d have to say this article rings a bit true with my experience with ramona. but i don’t think it gives enough credit to genes and innate personalities.
- i’m particularly proud of this one: denver’s westword gives a nod to the populist and its neighborhood as the number one culinary story of 2012 in denver.
Tagged with: breastfeeding • denver • denver restaurants • maurice sendak • NPR • parenting • the populist
So glad to hear that your restaurant is doing well. That article makes me want to visit Denver and spend some time in your hip neighbourhood.
Makes me think of your second grade teacher who somewhat begged me not to make you compliant! She loved your freedom and sassiness and thought of them as leadership qualities! Pretty sweet of her.
I like this “An obvious instance is that of ordinary and happy marriage. A man and a woman cannot live together without having against each other a kind of everlasting joke. Each has discovered that the other is a fool, but a great fool. This largeness, this grossness and gorgeousness of folly is the thing which we all find about those with whom we are in intimate contact; and it is the one enduring basis of affection, and even of respect.”