the week’s end & elsewhere (or: while i was away)
On September 17, 2012 · 11 Comments · In animals, instagram
most of this may very well be old news to some of you. i, however, was out-of-the-loop and off the internet for nearly a week straight. i spent sunday morning during ramona’s nap going through what i’d missed on reader, pinterest, facebook, and other-ways-to-waste-your-time platforms. here’s a list of links to go with your monday morning coffee (i’m copying your style, alli!):
- the sakura bloom sling diaries are over. boy, was that sure fun!
- miles, papa, and me ended my hunt for reusable pureed food pouches. thanks, cora!
- let’s, please, stop raising our daughters to be nice girls. via lorissa.
- a letter to the mom who can’t stop following her child around the playground. this is how i feel sometimes now that ramona is getting old enough to play on her own or with max at the park. via my mother.
- color photos in the era of black & white.
- fascinating piece on obama’s way by michael lewis published in vanity fair.
- crema coffee house has a new website.
- another sneak peek of the populist via 5280 magazine
- also, for your daily dose of cuteness, this weekend we got ducks!:
That mom at the playground letter is hilarious and yes, that’s me – super lazy and sitting. I figure it’s my one time to sit and have a break.
and Oh my, those ducklings!
The playground letter! So funny.
The pictures and write up of the restaurant…AMAZING. Congrats thats so Badass.
So, are you using the pouches to feed Ramona while you’re out but making the food to go in them? How is that working…?? I need to hear ideas.
i haven’t bought the pouch yet but that will be the plan.
right now we use the pouches in case of emergency. this ends up being a lot of times 😉 which gets expensive. we know we can make our own food it’s just a matter of the storage and delivery. i really DO NOT want to carry around jars and utensils. even if it isn’t THAT big of a deal. i really like the idea of letting her hold something and feed herself in a relatively unmessy way. that would not be the case if i was offering her chicken and rice out and about.
Would love to read a post about what R eats these days… and how you make it or buy it or whatever.
those chubby toes and the ducklings….get out.
i dream of ducks. and taking them for walks, yes with a tiny leash. my mom had ducks for short while. (sad fate for the ducks) i named them willard and penelope, and they followed us around quacking whenever we went outside. so sweet.
Ah! We have a duck named Penelope too… her lover-boy is named Melvin but Willard is a pretty awesome duck name. 🙂
Thanks for the shout out, the duckies are so cute x
And I loved the Mom on the Playground article. I already know that I’m the one on the bench checking my email 🙂
Ducklings grow SO fast, so cuddle them up while you can! Are they muskovies? Boy and girl?
mckenzie, i have no idea what kind of ducks they are! we think they are two females. the young girl who sold them to us said she thought so too based on the noises they made but also said she couldn’t guarantee. ha.
either way, we were convinced they should be ours when the mother of the girl selling them told us they would follow ramona around they yard when they got older. sold.