after a full day’s work and a full face of day-old lotion and sunscreen and make-up, it’s time to get my face squeaky clean for a good night’s sleep. typically, nighttime routines should be more intense than washing your face in the morning (i use facial bar soap and daily scrub in the AM, but often people just splash w water or use face wipes. whatever works!) bc there’s typically a lot more gunk on there. the above items are what i use (or really want to have to be able to use!).
clockwise from left
- i start with origins clean energy gentle cleansing oil. i rub it all over my dry face and this helps to loosen and remove make-up. then i rinse w warm water.
- after that, i wash my face with luvalla hydrating milk cleanser with a facial sea sponge. an esthetician from ten thousand waves introduced me to it and said that it would work great on my larger pores. it’s sold at whole foods in santa fe, but in denver i have to order it online.
- the next two items, the neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser and the clarisonic mia, are not items i own. however, i’ve used them w great results in the past (my mom got a mia for christmas and i tried to sneak it home with me). i’d use these products together on nights when i’ve worn more make-up than usual (nights out or at the restaurant) or days spent digging in the dirt or caked in sunscreen and sand at the beach.
- repeats i use morning and night are the thayers rose petal witch hazel toner and clinique all about eyes.
- and then finally, my miracle stuff: tilvee age-defying creme w argan & sea buckthorn (made locally in golden, co). this stuff is luxurious and smells great and a little goes a long way. if i didn’t need sunscreen on a daily basis, this would be my night and day moisturizer.
what’s your nighttime routine? any products you swear by?