here’s how i make-up my face (spiraling in clockwise from top left):
- smashbox camera ready bb cream w spf 35 — lighter than foundation but just as good (if not better!) coverage
- various cheek tints from benefit cosmetics — i choose a color depending on my mood, my outfit, or the weather!
- sonia kashuk blush brush — this for the powder, and a similar angled contour one for blush
- mac prep+prime for lips — a good base for painted lips
- mac ruby woo lipstick — a one size fits all sorta color. i feel just as comfy wearing this w my around the house gear as i do getting dressed up for a night out w my hubby
- stella nude eau de toilette (no longer available but here’s another one from the same line that i love)
- nars orgasm blush — also a one size fits all sorts color for cheeks. i put on a lot or put on a little depending on how feisty i’m feeling
- bare escentuals flawless radiance — some days i use this all over, some days i use just to highlight, some days i use it instead of the bb cream. it seems to work great to work as a concealer of sorts.
- sonia kashuk eyelash curler
- smashbox photo finish lid primer — i never wear eyeshadow so this gives my lids a nice, finished, matte look.
- maybelline great lash blackest black mascara w curved brush — hands down the best mascara out there.
- sonia kashuk eyebrow gel — i use this after i put on powder to shape and set my eyebrows
- smashbox photo op under eye brightener — i put this on last. it helps to lessen the perpetual dark circles under my eyes.
some days i use just the curler and mascara, other days i make sure there’s some rosy cheek action, and yet other days it’s all of it from the bb cream to the lipstick. the great thing about these products and the way in which i put them on is that they do a bang-up job at giving my fair skin a (relatively) flawless look rather than a done-up look. the best make-up job –i believe– is when you can’t tell it’s there but rather it just seems to accentuate features of the face. i’d agree. i don’t like shimmer and shine and lots of colors and heavy foundation. these products listed above –though there’s quite a few– work well together to create a made-up face that is as appropriate out for a cup of coffee or hanging out as home as it is for a girls night out or a sexy dinner date. and though i’m fair skinned, many of these products are versatile enough that other women w different skin tones could also use them as everyday products.