another lovely visit to the clyfford still museum.
this weekend i’m running in jodi’s race for the colorado ovarian cancer alliance. this is in honor of my grandmother who died nine years ago after a courageous battle with ovarian cancer. my friend lauren will be my running partner again! then it’ll be housework and yard work. we’re working on getting our backyard shed organized so we can clean out our basement for a YARD SALE NEXT SATURDAY to make space for a room for ramona. i actually don’t mind working out in the yard during the weekends. what are your plans?
- we’re still in the running for apartment therapy’s small cool contest. favorite us, please!
- dear friends, hannah and brandon, had their curtis park home on apartment therapy. i love the mix of their styles.
- brick & mortar general store grand opening! saturday, june 1st, at crema coffee house from 11:00 until 5:00.
- must-see parenting videos: convos w my 2-year-old and interview w a 1-year-old. seriously. you will pee your pants.
- awesome parenting. some of these techniques actually made me teary eyed.
- the gift of siblings.
- something to consider for this summer: the new rules of sunscreen.
- the examined life. this book will be on my list to read.
- 30 quick editing tips every [blogger] needs to know. i’m certainly not perfect and so i will be taking these steps into consideration as i write and build and edit my content. thanks for sticking around and being a part of this! (thanks to my father, who is always passing on helpful tech articles.)
The article on siblings is so beautiful. I always wanted more siblings for all the reasons he describes and I’ve always been jealous of those with more than one sibling. They always seem like such a great gang. The downside is just that sheer amount of work that goes into raising kids. The toll on your body & mental health. But in the long run I know that Lulu will be better off for having someone else to grow up with, someone she can always count on. Thanks for the reminder of why I wanted to have three children xx
I have those sandals in the same color! In a much bigger size, of course. I love them and wear them almost every day in the summer, and people stop me all the time to say “I had those when I was a kid!” Love it.
Thanks for the apartment therapy shout out! xo