over at the powerdriver homestead, we finally feel caught up on life. now if only denver would realize it’s spring and stop dumping snow on us! i see the sun peeking out so it’s looking promising. new days always are. here’s to a productive yet restful weekend!
- i have a breakfast date with this wonderful denver blogger this friday morning and i cannot wait! we’ve done some interwebs chatting and met once in person at the populist. she’s a hoot and a riot and i think we’re gonna have a lot of fun.
- by this point, everyone has seen you are more beautiful than you think, a moving ad campaign by dove. BUT have you seen this terrific and thoughtful response that challenges the ad’s narrowness? or how about how men think about themselves?
- i love these photos of my friend who works at porter road butcher in nashville.
- crass and controversial. i adore jenna marbles.
- a gorgeous food blog w recipes for just about every skill level that i just discovered. and from another food blog: i’ll be making this delicious-looking banana bread.
- my second favorite coffee shop in denver, black eye coffee, is raising money to paint a fabulous mural on the side of their building. take a look at their kickstarter campaign and see if you can donate.
- check out these great yoga mat hangers, made by a gentleman here in denver. i’m definitely guilty of keeping my sweaty mat rolled up in my bag and i blame it on the fact we have no room in our teeny house to lay it out. no excuses now if i get one of these.
- congratulations to the winner of the clyfford still museum membership giveaway!
Tagged with: week's links
Excited to check out At D’s Suggestion. Looks like a great blog and it’s cool she’s expecting too.
thanks for the link love, emily! i hope the banana bread came out well. i’m feeling kinda stumped though– the first time i made it, it was amazing. dare i say the best i’ve ever eaten. but then i made it again, and it was just ‘good.’ i can’t really explain how that happened 🙁 aw well, i’ll just have to tinker with it again in a few weeks! i’m looking forward to checking out some of the other blogs you’ve mentioned– i also love the localness of the links (from black eye coffee’s fundraiser to denver and wyoming based bloggers). enjoy this last snow storm of the season (or is that wishful thinking). be well!
i didn’t bake it long enough! i thought the skewer came out clean but when i cut into it the next morning the center was gooey. oh well, the edges and baked-through parts were delicious. definitely a recipe i would use again.