DIY NATURAL YOGA MAT CLEANING SPRAY
On September 16, 2013 · 7 Comments · In DIY
hot yoga equals lots of sweat. so my mats need some loving! when i get home from class i drape my wet, sweaty manduka over my patio railing, spray it down with some homemade natural yoga mat cleaner, and let it air out in the sun. this saves me money on the yoga spray offered at many studios (it smells divine but is $10 for about 1/3 the size of my spray bottle!) and prolongs the life of my mat. it also cuts down on odors and bacteria that can occur when mats are used frequently and not cared for properly.
what you need
- spray bottle (i love the inexpensive home depot ones)
- tea tree oil (lavender is a great option as well)
what you do
- add 3 parts water and 1 part vinegar to the bottle (the home depot one perfectly contains 4 cups)
- add drops of tea tree oil to your water mixture. there’s a lot of liquid in there so you may need at least 30 drops. this is up to you and how much you want to be able to smell the tea tree.
- shake, spray, wipe with a clean rag, let air dry.
Tagged with: DIY • essential oil good for cleaning • hot yoga • mat cleaner • natural yoga mat cleaner • yoga spray