—Today, a poem by Mary Oliver in A Thousand Mornings
resolution prayer for myself this year, 2014. to find –amidst the deadlines and errands and active toddlers and helpless newborns and obligations and hobbies and beautiful hullabaloos that happen with life– quiet and space to be. to set aside the lists and must-completes and intentionally seek out the what-do-i-GET-to-dos with this one wondrous and blessed life and family and community.
from myself, and jp, and ramona, we say namaste and peace and love to you in this hopeful new year.
THE WEEK’S LINKS
this week’s links are either a week late or a day early, depending on how you tend to look at things. ah, well, vacation called and i was off the grid for a bit. but i’m back! and can’t wait to catch up with all of you. i’ll be back tomorrow and more regularly next week w photos of our stay at the beach as well as some thoughts on sweet treats for little ones, potty training, and some great new denver happenings.
- see our full home tour on apartment therapy!
- a couple of weeks ago i joined other denver bloggers, lashley, amanda, and sarah at an EatDrinkCreate event at west elm hosted by the proper pinwheel. what fun it was! check out the eat drink create event video at the bottom of the post.
- a must: wordpress website owner’s emergency checklist.
- hearing your song.
- i’m excited to introduce you to a new sponsor: nourish, a weekly meal plan by chef karolina. just what i need to take some stress out of planning meals AND cooking for 1.5 people. click through and take a look!
- if you’re interested in being a sponsor: take a look at my sponsor page and see if we’re a good fit. i’d love to work with you!
- just read: tenth of december by george saunders and the bill from my father by bernard cooper. two great reads i’d recommend to nearly everyone. currently on: dream work, poems by mary oliver.