in light of my last post, here is one about ramona with her toys.
she has two bins, one w individual toys and the other w wood blocks, a stacking set, and board books. we love these bags bc she can essentially crawl herself into them and have easy access to whatever toy she might like to explore.
the following are the toys she seems most interested in…
- green toys inc, recycled plastic stacker — made in usa
- blue and purple plastic bell — made in israel
- sassy look book — made in china
- plan toys, wooden xylophone — made in thailand
- felt balls — made by me
- little sapling toys, wood alphabet and number blocks — made in usa
- sophie teether (alas, we lost original sophie) — made in france (though couldn’t clearly find this info on their website so it very well might be made in china)
- skwish manhattan toy — made in thailand
- little sapling toys, ASL “i love you” teething ring — made in usa
- manhattan toy, baby wood beads — made in thailand
- bike horn (found in jp’s bike supply box in basement)
- rhino toys, oball rainstick — made in shenzhen, china
- anamalz wooden hippo — made in china
it was quite eye-opening for me to go through all of these and hunt down the appropriate links. i certainly learned a lot about the toys we have for ramona and just how much i have (or have not) been walking the walk. the only toys we have purchased for her are the felt to make the felt balls and i had picked out the manhattan toy, baby beads (lower right of above photo). but still, i had thought surely more of these beautiful toys we had were made in the usa. seems like thailand and china were popular locations. and israel? who knew.
i can’t wait for her to become more and more acquainted with these toys. right now everything just ends up in her mouth.