easy peasy recipe for chicken tacos cooked in a crock pot. i’ve been eating this a lot (maybe too much) recently.
- chicken thighs (3 to 4), frozen or thawed.
- 2 tbs chopped chipotles in adobo with sauce (find them canned in your grocers’ ethnic foods aisle)
- 4 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes (if you don’t want it too tomato-y, halve this)
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 good grinds black pepper
- put all the ingredients in the slow cooker on high (phew! that was hard)
- remove chicken after four hours and shred (make sure to get the bones and cartilage parts out!)
- Add enough sauce to make delicious (i usually drench it!)
- serve w corn tortillas, rice, black beans, shredded cheese, avocado, diced red onions, whateveryoulikeonyourtaco!