this past weekend, my parents were staying in our home during their visit for ramona’s birthday. we took advantage of the fact we had in-house babysitters and got away for an early four-year anniversary celebration.
- we started with drinks and small plates at charcoal restaurant
- then moseyed over to the clyfford still museum, where we had the galleries all to ourselves
- afterward we headed to squeaky bean’s new location (go there now!)
- we planned on ending the night at williams & graham (and should have as it was late and i had had plenty to drink)
- but after one drink there, we then went on to a friend’s house warming party
my parents had ramona sleep down with them in the guest room in the basement. technically, it was our first night away from little miss bean! i hurt the next day as going to bed at 1:00 AM and waking up at 6:30 is not my forte. those heavy-drinking, late-nights are not (or should not) be in the cards for this mama. but knowing that ramona can successfully sleep away from us is good news to me! i’m not eager to cart her off every weekend but sometimes, well you know, sometimes parents need a break.