- 1 cup toasted almonds
- 1.5 cups shelled fresh or thawed frozen edamame
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced (i did 2 since there is no such thing as too much garlic)
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (this is important. if you don’t have low-sodium, then half amount of soy sauce and salt to taste).
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- veggies, rice crackers, pretzels etc for dipping
- whirl almonds in food processor until finely ground, about two minutes
- add 1/3 cup water and ingredients thru soy sauce, whirl until well blended, about three minutes.
- spoon into bowl. sprinkle with sesame seeds. serve w veggie slices or carb of your choice.
this recipe is from the october 2012 issue of sunset magazine. it was submitted by reader, sheila piccini.