if you’re designated to bring a dessert for a family christmas gathering or one of the many holiday parties you’re probably attending this december, bring this easy homemade apple pie. it is simple but will wow everyone. i made this for thanksgiving and will probably insist it’s made for christmas eve dinner when we’re back in minnesota later this month.
- 8 – 11 medium granny smith apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- two ready-made pie crusts (or make your own. but you’ll have to find your own recipe for that).
- heat oven to 400 degrees F
- core and peel the apples
- slice them thinly
- mix together the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- add to the apples and mix or toss or somehow move around to make sure they are all equally coated
- line a pie pan w one of the pie crusts
- heap in your apple mixture. pile it high!
- cover this with the second pie crust
- pinch the sides together and make slits in the top for air vents
- bake for 50 min
- let cool for at least an hour before serving
serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
Tagged with: apple pie • christmas pie • christmas pies • easy homemade pie • easy pie recipe • food i've made • holiday treats • recipes
Yum! My apple pie never looks this good. I mean, it tastes great, but I have a lot of trouble making it pretty like yours! This recipe looks amazing. Thanks for sharing!
I don’t think I’d ever be brave enough to bake something so classic for a gathering. The bar is too high! I like to stick with the slightly unexpected so people are impressed by my ingenuity.
Here, eat these Christmas kale chips.